Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Treat to see Tereza Smile :)

Hello Sweets,

Happy Thanksgiving to all my USA readers!!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thursday full of turkey and family :) , mine was fairly quiet.  We had to postpone the second half of my pastizzi adventure until tomorrow, but don't worry, I will have the rest of the savory information :)  Today I was honestly going to take off a day from the kitchen and blog about "passion" and what it means to me, however my roommate had gotten some disheartening news, so I decided to make her my yummy peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread (she loves it)!

I don't know how this recipe has not made it in to a blog yet, it is really yummy and fairly easy to prepare.  I have a recipe my grandmother gave me for her banana bread.  It's so moist and delicious, but I wanted something more.  Then it was like a giant light went off in my head, why have I not incorporated my love of peanut butter?!?  So I decided to marry the flavors together, and why not throw a little chocolate in there too.  Who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter right?  So with my grandmothers recipe, I started researching on the Internet to see if there was another recipe out there, and All Recipes has a great one, so I combined the two to make mine own :) Now that the delicious smell is wafting through our house, let's get to the jewel of this post :)

Canuckette's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (inspired by All Recipes
Ingredients
1/2C butter, softened
1C white sugar
2 eggs
3/4C peanut butter
2 bananas, mashed
2C all-purpose flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1C chocolate chips

Directions:
1)  Preheat your oven to 325F.  Lightly grease a 5"x9" loaf pan, set aside.

2)  In a large bowl, cream together the butter and eggs.

3)  Add eggs and beat until fully incorporated.

4)  Stir in bananas, peanut butter, flour, and baking soda until fully blended.
my bananas were frozen, they're not bruised lol

5)  Fold in chocolate chips, pour into greased pan.
looks like yummy cookie dough 
all set and ready to go!

6)  Bake at 325F for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (I use a butter knife because I would loose the toothpick in the loaf lol).  Remove to a wire rack to cool, and enjoy!
Yummy!!

I'm actually really glad I made this because it's just so darn good!  This is a great bread for a snack. The flavors are subtle, but so delicious together, you could probably get away with enjoying a warm piece for breakfast.  I really enjoy a warm slice with a little butter and a hot cup of tea :)  This is also a great bread for children too, because the chocolate chips are quite enticing.  I really hope this helps Tereza to just have a moment to herself and get lost in the flavors of this yummy bread.  She's my bestie, and I only want to see that beautiful smile of hers.

Do you have a go to pick me up snack, either for you, or someone you love?  Tonight is one of the reasons I love to bake.  If I can make someone smile for even just a moment, because of what I've made, then everything is all worth while :)  Also I wanted to remind you guys to check out Dave's blog over at Impact's Views, my logo is coming along famously and I cannot wait to show you guys :)  Until next time...........


Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxo













No comments:

Post a Comment