Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Celebratory Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello Sweets!


I hope everyone had a good day today.  I saw the doctor today, and the good news is I don't have strep throat, bad news is my glands are swollen so I am on antibiotics in hopes we can clear it up.  I have some very exciting news to announce.......I have over 1000 views on my blog!!!!  I know to some that may seem quite small but I only started writing a month and a half ago, and only for my own piece of mind, not thinking so many would be reading it.  I want to say thank you to all my amazing readers.  :)  You really know how to make a girl feel loved, and I truly appreciate all the support.  Since you guys keep reading, I'm going to keep on blogging, I must be doing something right because you keep coming back for more.  I really am on cloud nine right now, this is a great feeling, and as I sit here typing I have a HUGH smile on my face, lol I'm such a nerd :D

So last night I could not sleep (same old same old), so I started thinking about the savory cupcakes again and Christmas baking, which means research, research, research!  I have found some more interesting savory "cupcakes", and then I kicked over to my holiday goodies research mode, and man oh man, have I found some goodies.  There are some traditional, and some not so much, some that I have made and some that will be brand spanking new!  I do know one thing though, Nathan is going to be one happy camper next month when he has so many goodies to choose from :)

Since I surpassed 1000 views today I thought I would make myself a treat that will make anyone reminisce to their childhood.  The good old, tried, and true chocolate chip cookies, with a canuckette twist of course lol now let us get to the good stuff shall we?

Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Pikky Lady)
Ingredients
1C butter, softened
3/4C granulated sugar
3/4C packed light brown sugar
1Tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4C all-purpose flour
1Tsp baking soda
1/2Tsp salt
2C semi sweet chocolate chips
1C chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 375F.  In a large bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.

2)  Add eggs, beat well.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.  Beat well.
 egg mixture/flour mixture
almost ready :)

3)  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (optional).  This is where I put a little Canuckette twist, I added both pecans and walnuts (next time I'll season them lightly), you can add whatever suits your fancy in addition to the chocolate chips.
mmmm cookie dough

4)  Drop by teaspoon full onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
now the house smells delish!!

5)  Let cool slightly on the cookie sheet.  Remove from cookie sheet; cool completely on wire rack and enjoy!
My yummy haul

Needless to say, they are super yummy.  Even John (my roommate's son) loves them.  Definitely the perfect celebratory cookie!  A perfect way to end the day that put a smile on my face, in a very simple way too!

Tomorrow is the day I make pastizzis with my grandfather, :) and I am so excited.  These are something I have enjoyed eating my entire life, but have never helped make them.  There are many members of my family that are looking forward to this post because they are just that good. lol  So either tomorrows post will be the entire recipe, or the dough only.  It all depends on the consistency of the dough.  Either way, yummy family recipe + quality time with my little grandpa (he's really short lol) = a fantastic way to spend an afternoon!  Well sweets, I am going to sit back, relax, and watch Chopped (The Food Network), yea I love watching foodie shows lol obviously ;)  Until next time.......


Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxo 







  

No comments:

Post a Comment