Thursday, November 29, 2012

Simply Elegant

Hello Sweets,

How has your Thursday been?  Mine has been super quiet, and frankly I think that was what I needed after a long day with the neurologist yesterday.  My body is really tired, my one knee is extremely sore, and I really don't know why.  I am doing cardio like my doctors have asked (no running just walking), so today I took the day off and listened to my body!  Do you ever have days like that? Where you know if you do anything physical it probably won't go too well lol, that was my day today.

So in Tuesday's post I talked about simplicity, and how I wanted to do something simply delicious (see what I did there lol).  I decided to make something I haven't had in over a year, but it is something you can enjoy with girlfriends over wine, or even an appetizer for a romantic dinner for two.  So are you salivating just imagining what I'm taking about?  Well let us get to it then shall we :)

Simple Oil and Vinegar Bread Dip
Ingredients
1 1/2Tbs Balsamic vinegar
4Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
Parisian bread loaf
Yup that's all you need

Directions:
1)  Preheat your oven to 250F, and warm bread until outside is slightly crisp.

2)  Place oil on a plate, then add the vinegar on top (you can drag the handle side of a butter knife through it)
simply elegant ;)


3)  Cut the bread up into bite size pieces, serve and enjoy!



Tadah! There's even a heart there, I miss my man :(

So there it is, simple and savory, a nice little grown up treat :)  Sometimes things don't need to be complicated to taste great!  Now I am going back to the research table because I promised Nathan I would back him a delicious and moist chocolate cake to celebrate his birthday when I am down to visit him for the holidays (and I never break a baking promise!).  With that I am going to say sometimes blog post don't have to be long to be fabulous ;)  Until next time..........

Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment