Sunday, December 16, 2012

Coming Together

Hello Sweets,

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :)  Is your Christmas social calendar in full swing now?  Mine is, which is why this will be a small post today.  The stove wasn't turned on at all today because we had some other things to do and finish up.  Am I the only one who thinks that the Christmas season lasted a lot longer when we were children?  Nathan and I were talking about this and our theory is that it's because we have things to do as adults, when we were kids we just had to enjoy the season.  No shopping, baking, or planning of dinners.

Now I don't want you to think I don't enjoy the Christmas season.  Actually I didn't up until last year, but Nathan and his family changed all of that for me.  When I was growing up I always felt like the adults in my family treated the holiday get together as a chore, never really enjoying the time we all get to spend together laughing and just enjoying each others company.  But Nathan's family treats Christmas just as that, an opportunity for everyone to get together to eat, laugh, and swap stories.  Even when the men go off to play their annual video game on Christmas, the women talk, gossip, or even watch a movie and have a little girl time :)  Nathan loves the fact that he has renewed my love of Christmas, and that I actually look forward to all the celebrations.

Tonight we had dinner with one of Nathans very good friends, Dave (Check out his blog here!).  We met him at a wonderful steak house called Texas Land and Cattle, and the food was absolutely delicious!  Our dinner started of with Dave's steak soup, Nathans garden salad, and I had a Caesar salad, mmmmhmm good.  Of course all of us had the best cut of beef, the rib eye (theirs's bone in, mine not).  Dave and I both had the loaded baked potato and Nathan had the garlic mashed potato's (and they were super garlic, which we LOVED!!).  Dave made a great choice and paired the whole meal with a bottle of a 2006 Australian Shiraz, that complimented the entire meal (especially the steak), and of course, even though I was stuffed I had to try the bourbon pecan pie.  The pie was so delicious I think I may have experienced a food euphoria for just a moment lol.  I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a good steak.  Oh and I don't want to forget to mention our server Stella, she was very nice and always checking on us, it was almost like have a mom serve us, she may have been sweeter than the pecan pie lol.
 Doesn't that look yummy, especially paired with the Shiraz ;)

Well Nathan and I are not only exhausted from our long day, but now we are also pretty much in a food coma lol which isn't a bad thing.  I will have a full post tomorrow with a recipe included.  I have already asked Nathan to make a stop at the grocery store to pick up a few miscellaneous ingredients :)  Until next time..........



Stay sweet,





Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment