Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Geeky Side

Hello Sweets,

I feel awful that I haven't had a recipe posted in a long time, but to be perfectly honest, I am not feeling well at all.  I've been laid up all day today with a horrible migraine, and if it wasn't for that I would be in the kitchen right now (I actually started my recipe post last night, see I meant to).  So I thought I would take this time off from the kitchen and give you an insight to another aspect that makes me, me :).

It is no secret that Nathan is extremely smart, he can build a computer from scratch, has an extensive knowledge of history, and he knows pretty much everything you can about Star Wars, StarTrek, or any other scifi show.  When he first met me, he did not know about my scifi side, but when he did find out he was ecstatic lol.  We watch movies and shows together all the time, ones that most girlfriends would probably rather be doing something else, but I love trying new things, so when he suggests something new I usually jump at the chance.  When I was younger I played a lot of text based games, my favorites being Hugo's House of Horrors and Jane of the Jungle lol, but I never really got into role playing games as I got older.  Well when Star Wars The Old Republic came out last year, I knew that Nathan would be "unreachable" at times.  He asked me if I wanted to play, but kept resisting (can you see where this is going).  Well a few days ago when Nathan got me my new laptop, we made sure it could run the game so I could join him in some quality gaming, and surprisingly I've enjoyed it :)
 This is my character, Safran :)

Now don't get me wrong and Nathan will verify this, I've had my moments of extreme frustration but I haven't gamed in so long and it has changed immensely.  However, I find myself loosing track of time and really enjoying how interactive it is, I have to make all my own decisions to determine my story and try to stay on the "light" side.  It definitely isn't the easiest thing to get the hang of if you haven't gamed before, but I guarantee your boyfriend will think you are even more hot behind the blue glow of a computer gaming screen ;) lol.

I know I am always bragging about how great Nathan really is but he always does small sweet gestures that have big meanings behind them.  When I started this post I told you I have been under the weather, well let me tell you how great he really is.  Nathan and I are huge Big Bang Theory fans, and while I'm laying in bed resting he turns around and hands me a soft kitty plush that actually sings the soft kitty song.
Isn't it the cutest!

For those of you not familiar with the soft kitty song and meaning, let me explain it to you; the character Sheldon, when he was younger and sick, his mother would sing him the soft kitty song to help him feel better.  Here is the song;  soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.  happy kitty, sleepy kitty pur pur pur.  Lol I know it is silly but the gesture made me smile and just cements it even more that I have the best boyfriend ever!  Until next time.......

Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment