Friday, August 9, 2013

Forgetful Frank

Hello Sweets,

Happy Friday!!  The weekend is finally here, I don't have anything special planned besides spending time with the fam :)  I'm hoping to cook my grandparents a wonderful dinner this weekend, not sure what's on the menu yet, but in any case it will be delicious!  Do y'all have anything fun or delicious planned for the weekend?  I always look forward to hearing from you and love to chat, don't forget to drop me a line. 

So I was updating my recipe tabs last night, while I was transferring recipes over I realized I forgot a pretty important recipe.  When I gave y'all the recipe for my scrumptious Patriotic Pie I said I would give you the recipe for the pastry the next day, and I didn't lol.  I feel awful :( so instead of the tiny and sweet recipe today I'm giving y'all the most perfect pastry recipe.  My very good friend Miranda makes amazing apple pie, and since she has pastry experience I asked her for her recipe.  Thankfully she loves me and shared the secret with me :D    Tonight's post will be on the shorter side, but that's because I am in the kitchen making some sweet treats to share with y'all tomorrow ;)

Miranda's Perfect Pie Crust
Ingredients
2C all-purpose flour
1C butter, cold and cubed
1/4C cold water
1Tbs sugar


 

Directions:
1)  Mix all ingredients together, cutting in the butter with a pastry cutter or fork.

2)  Split in half when rolling out, put a little flour down so it won't stick.
 

3)  If making a creamy or custard like fillings (meringue pies too!), you can pre-bake at 200F for 30 minutes.  If making a fruit based pie, leave the dough raw.

Well there now I feel a whole lot better :)  I'm so sorry that it took me this long to see my error, but now you guys have a complete picture to making pies!  And as you can see this is a short little recipe and post, but that's only because I am busy in the kitchen as I write this.  Lol I've taken a few breaks so I could complete the post, see how much I love y'all ;)  Until next time................................................


 Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment