Monday, September 23, 2013

Stewing With Ideas

Hello Sweets,

Well last night was the first step in moving forward with my little business, and it was more stressful than I anticipated -_-  I am trying to create my website and just like when I was designing my blog I am putting entirely too much pressure on myself, but I just want it to be perfect!  I found the right layout, now to focus on color, pictures, content.....  Ya that is what is tripping me up, lol myself :p  So I decided to take a little break and write a little post for y'all :)

This is the last post from my Texas stash :(, but as the saying goes I've saved the best for last.  For the last two years Nathan has been bragging about his delicious stew, yet until recently we had never made it.  Lucky for me he made it a few days before I left, and I made my deliciously sweet cornbread to accompany it :)  Growing up when my grandfather made stew it was a thicker style broth, the way Nathan prepares it it's more of a broth.  Now don't get me wrong it's absolutely delicious, it's honestly the best stew I've had :)  And now it's time to share with y'all!

  Nathans Super Delicious Stew
Ingredients
2lbs stewing beef, cut into bite size pieces
red potatoes, chopped
onion, chopped
carrots, chopped
celery, chopped
2 cans tomato sauce
Worcestershire sauce
teriyaki marinade
garlic, chopped
parsley
black pepper
salt
seasoning salt
garlic salt
garlic powder
oregano
beef bouillon cube, dissolved into hot water
 
  
 
Directions:
1)   Tenderize meat, season with spices and add marinade and Worcestershire sauce.  Mix well and allow to sit for at least six hours.
 
 


2)  Meanwhile, chop all veggies.  Don't worry about uniformed cuts as it is a rustic meal :)
 

 

 3)  Place veggies into a large cauldron with the tomato sauce and dissolved beef bullion cube.  Keep on a low simmer.
 

4)  Take the beef and place into a frying pan, be sure to save the marinade to add to the broth.  Brown the meat slightly as to not fully cook it, the beef will finish cooking in the cauldron.
 

5)  Add the partially cooked beef to cauldron, also adding the marinade.  Also add in additional seasonings, but not too much because as it cooks you'll taste and adjust. 
 
 

6)   Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, covering with a lid to cook for 2-3 hours.  Taste as you go along adjusting spices as needed.
 

7)  Once all the veggies are soft and you've achieved the flavor you're looking form enjoy!

 
doesn't it look so delicious!!

This stew is so good, it's full of flavor and very filling.  I didn't add anything extra to mine because Nathan made it perfectly delicious!!  Once it was paired with the sweet cornbread it was a perfect dinner, not that it needed anything more.  To be honest, this would be the perfect dinner for a cold Canadian night....which is now so I want!!  Lol I don't have any so I'll have to make something else for dinner :(

Now I need to get back to creating my website, but I don't know why I'm having such a difficult time :(  Maybe I just need to remember why I'm doing this, and stop over thinking it.......but if any of my lovely readers has any helpful suggestions they are more than welcome :)  But in the meantime I'll be brainstorming away behind my laptop, until something wonderful hits me :p lol ya I'm cheesy.  Until next time.....


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment