Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Nutty Candy Man

Hello Sweets,

How are all my lovely readers today?  I am in a fantastic mood :), which is weird because I woke up with a migraine and that normally makes me grumpy all day.  I was lucky enough to spend a few hours with my nephew Miguel, and he is just the best little boy around.  I know I'm biased, but he's just so funny and inquisitive right now.  Today I showed him a video of Nathan and I flying around the Dallas area, he was in complete awe.  He couldn't believe what he was seeing, and at one point he thought we were in a helicopter because he saw the propeller.  Once I explained to him what the propeller was for he had this adorable little smile on his face :D  I asked him if he would want to go flying in the airplane when he comes visit Texas, and he excitedly said YES!  I know this will make Nathan very happy, as he wants to get to know him better (seeing as he'll be his uncle one day) but that's hard when we live in two different countries.  In the meantime Nathan is going to bring back an American Airlines plane on his next visit for him to start building their relationship, these two are the cutest!

So today's post is a short one, mostly because the recipe is short but also because the website is almost ready to go live and I'm hoping to finish that up tonight so I can share it with y'all tomorrow.  Okay maybe there is one more tiny reason, Criminal Minds starts back up tonight and my roomie and I watch it together lol (I know, silly).  Today's post is the first in a three part series, these recipes were part of my "first delivery" which was for a party my mom was threw.  It was actually her husbands birthday, so I decided to make a cupcake geared towards his favorite things.  This sweet little treat was the finishing touch, and lets just say "someone" may have eaten one without eating the cupcake just so they could have one lol ;)

Canuckette's Candied Pecans
Ingredients
1/3C sugar
1/3C brown sugar
1tsp cinnamon, heaping
1 egg white
1Tbs water
1 2/3C pecans
splash of vanilla
tiny pinch of salt
 
(vanilla not show as it was a last minute addition)

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 250F.  Mix sugars, cinnamon, and salt together in a small bowl, set aside.
 

2)  Whisk egg white, vanilla, and water together in a separate bowl until frothy.  Toss pecans in egg wash.
 

3)  Mix pecans in the sugar mix until they are evenly coated.  Spread onto a baking sheet.  Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes until pecans are evenly brown.
 

4)  Allow to cool on parchment paper and enjoy!


 
Don't they look yummy :)

They are the perfect blend of salty and sweet, not to mention it's the best nut around!  Obviously I ended up with leftovers, but I'm sure I can figure out something to do with them ;) lol.  These are so much better than the pre made ones you can get at a local baking supply store, but the pan needs to be cleaned right away as it is a sticky mess.  Also, I wouldn't use a good baking sheet because you will need to scrub it clean.  

So like I said earlier, I am hoping to roll out the website either tonight or tomorrow.  As soon as I do I'll share it with y'all, and just like my blog I always love hearing feedback :)  But right now I'm going to go make some more of my now famous Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes, because I don't want the pumpkin puree I already have open to spoil.  And maybe because I didn't keep many for myself from the last batch lol, and damn they're good.  Until next time............



Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment