Saturday, October 5, 2013

Change Can Be Good

Hello Sweets,

I'm sorry I've been MIA lately, the migraines have been winning the fight over sleep which makes me drained :(  So today's post is just going to be a quick one as I haven't been doing too much lol.  I'm thinking of making oatmeal cookies, so hopefully tomorrow will be the perfect day to make some.  Just like last week, I feel like tomorrow is going to be MY day, lol maybe if I put it out there it will come true ;)

So the other night I went over to my grandparents house to make them dinner, and they decided on chicken....again.  Since that's what we usually have, I felt the need to change it up a little, but how?  Then I remembered a clip I had seen on TV, but instead of chicken they were using pork.  Any good recipe can be changed around to better suit what you have on hand ;)  That is how this recipe was born;

Canuckette's Smothered Chicken
Ingredients
chicken breast
1 can of mushroom Soup
1C frozen peas
1/4C water

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 425F.  Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish.
2)  Add the soup, diluting just enough to keep chicken moist.

3)  Add the peas on top and mix slightly.  Place in the oven for about 30-45 mins (depending on size), or until the center is not pink.
 

3)  Remove chicken, spoon the mushroom and pea sauce into a separate bowl.  Serve over rice.
 

 

Simple and tasty!  I personally don't care for white rice, but I'll eat it this way lol. 

I know this is a super short post, but I've got some research to do, some kitchen-wise and some not.  I'll do my best to post daily but please bare with me if I don't get them out as often.


Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment