Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Seeing Red

Hello Sweets,

I'm going to apologize upfront because this post is going to be very short.  I'm entirely too mad and upset to really focus, and it feels like I just don't have it in me.  I'm not about to air my dirty laundry on my blog, but I am not about to force myself to lie consistently throughout my post.  Y'all deserve a better read than a woe is me tale of frustration.  I will say it's times like these I'm glad I'm off work and live alone, I don't hide my emotions that well :(  I hope if I try painting that it will get me back in a positive mind space, I really don't like feeling this way.

Enough about my problems, y'all come here to read about all sorts of treats and I'm not about to let y'all down :)  I said yesterday that I was stepping back from the sweets today, and I am delivering that promise!  When I came across this recipe on the Mr.Food website, I knew I had to try it and that I would most likely love it.  Yesterday I attempted this recipe at dinner time, and I now have another great way to make potatoes.  Although my title seems to represent the turmoil and frustration I'm currently going through, but as y'all will see in the pictures it's a reflection of the final product.

Lone Star Fries
Ingredients
1Tbs paprika
1tsp chili powder
1tsp salt, divided
1/4tsp black pepper
6 potatoes, skin left on
2Tbs olive oil
 

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 425F.  In a large resealable plastic bag; combine paprika, chili powder, 1/2tsp salt, and pepper.
 
 

2)  Cut each potato in half, then each half into 4 flat wedges.
 

3)  Add olive oil and potatoes to seasoning in the bag, close tightly and shake to coat well.
 

 

4)  Spread potatoes in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.  Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until fork tender.  Sprinkle with remaining salt and serve immediately.

 

They're so yummy, with their crispy outside and subtle spice.  I think I am going to make a kicked up version of these next time, with extra extra spice!  I find that we usually do potatoes the same way over and over, but this is a great way to change it up.  I'm always looking for new potato dishes to keep things interesting, and these will definitely be put into the rotation :)

I wish I could say that this post took away my frustration, but that would be a lie.  However, it did take my mind off things for a little bit.  Hopefully the painting will work a little better, if not I will dive into funny movies.  I do after all have a Will Ferrel special on my dvr :)  Until next time...

Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment