Thursday, February 13, 2014

Your Morning Oatmeal, Jacked Up

Hello Sweets,

Jeez I can't seem to catch a break lately lol.  I am clearly coming off of another sick day :/, just when you think I'm in the clear.  I really think this move stressed my system right out, and I am still adjusting.  Just to add a little salt to the wound that is my  pride, Nathan and I won't be spending valentines day together :(.  With all these doctor appointments and moving, it has made our normal travel plans come to a screeching halt.  No girl wants to spend valentines day apart from her man, especially this girl :'(  But it's not the date that matters, it's when we finally can recreate our day :)  However, that does not mean I don't have something sweet planned for my man.  Annnd I'm spending tonight piecing it all together, even if we won't get to see each other for another month (uggghhhh this is going to be the longest stretch we've done in quite some time).

Tonight I thought I would completely veer away from sweet desserts.  I'm not evening going to be sharing a dinner post, instead I am bringing you the greatest meal of the entire day.  Yea you know I'm talking about breakfast!!  I don't know anyone who doesn't like breakfast, and if there is someone out there who doesn't I am sure if you'd let me make you breakfast you'd love it :D  Yea I am a pretty confident breakfast maker lol, but when you know what you're doing it's pretty simple.  Normally I don't eat oatmeal for breakfast lol, yea normally it's a snack or lunch.  But this time I made it for breakfast, and it is unlike any oatmeal I've ever eaten before.

Baked Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Ingredients
2C rolled oats
1tsp vanilla
2tsp pumpkin spice (I made mine with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice)
6Tbs brown sugar
1C pumpkin puree
1C milk
1/2tsp salt
 

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 375F.  In a bowl combine oats, vanilla, pumpkin spice, brown sugar, pumpkin, and milk.
 
 

2)  Pour into a casserole dish.
 
 

3)  Bake for 40 minutes, or until oatmeal is set.
 

4)  Serve immediately.  I chose to add a little splash of milk, it was delicious!
 
 

Who would've thought, that pumpkin in oatmeal would be this dang good!!  The spiciness has this wonderful warmth to it, and it's very hearty so you won't be getting hungry anytime soon.  I don't think I'll ever make oatmeal on the stove top again, baking it clearly is the way to go.  Now to think about an apple, cinnamon, brown sugar medley mmmmm sounds yummy ;)

I know this was a short post y'all, but my little project is anything but little lol.  And we all know how much of a perfectionist I am, so I better get my butt in gear!  I'm also making a sweet treat for this sweet holiday, of course!  But y'all will have to come back tomorrow and see what that will be.  Until next time....


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo  

No comments:

Post a Comment